for your trucking company

Have your trucking authority filed by industry experts.

Get your MC Number today.

Lets work together.


Only pay the FMCSA required registration fee for your motor carrier authority.

Have your trucking company up and running as soon as possible, without hitting any bumps in the road!


Let industry experts help you get your own authority to start your trucking company.

Take the first step of getting your motor carrier authority by entering your information in the form.

An industry expert will then be in touch to start filing for your operating authority for free. The MC number cost will only be the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration required fees.


Our Free-Authority team is made up of trucking industry experts who have been working with and helping truck drivers start their trucking companies for over 30 years across the United States.

We file for your trucking authority for free to get you your MC number and USDOT number. We help you in this process to make sure you avoid any costly mistakes and get you on the road hauling freight as soon as possible.

We understand what it takes for truck drivers to get their trucking company started which is why we are here to walk you through the process. From getting your operation authority for the FMCSA to making sure you have coverage with an insurance company, we are here to help. 

We work with experienced company drivers looking to get on their own operating authority and completely new owner operators in the trucking industry. Whether you plan to run intrastate or interstate commerce with your commercial vehicle, we know the type of authority you will need.



  • SAME DAY payments on all invoices

  • Flexible Contracts: month-to-month, 6 months, or annual

  • True flat rate pricing. 

  • Dedicated client representative to manage your account and take care of your business needs.


  • Pre-approved broker & shipper connections

  • All loads booked under your MC

  • Access to 250+ broker options

  • Dispatchers for Reefer, Hotshot, Flatbed, Van and Power Only


  • Ultra-fast fuel advances

  • Advances of 45% of the load

  • $0.10 savings per gallon at major stops

  • $0.25+ savings per gallon at smaller chains


  • Complete, affordable coverage

  • Policy built around YOUR growth plan and business needs

  • FREE quote

How To Get Your Trucking Authority

Without an active MC authority you cannot operate a trucking company. Whether you will be running intrastate commerce or interstate commerce and crossing state lines, you must have an active MC number filed with the FMCSA to operate your trucking business legally.

Register your trucking company with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration

Decide on your business entity (Limited Liability Company or Sole Proprietorship) and then register your business in the state where you plan to operate from. Depending if you form a sole proprietorship or a limited liability company, there are different forms you will need to fill out.

Get your EIN

If you form a limited liability company the IRS will issue you an EIN automatically. If you form a sole proprietorship, it is not mandatory to have an EIN but it is definitely recommended, otherwise you would operate your trucking company with your personal social security number.

Register with the United State Department of Transportation

All trucking companies must register with the United States Department of Transportation to get their DOT number. A USDOT number is your trucking company's ID number and is where you can access all your information including vehicle information, cargo, safety and compliance information. 

Apply for your MC number

We do this for you for free. You must have an active mc number to haul freight and run a trucking company. You get your MC number immediately once you apply, but it isn't active right away. You must complete your BOC-3 and get an insurance policy filed with the FMCSA first. Two to three weeks after you have filed these with the FMCSA, your MC number will become active and you can start your trucking company. 

File a BOC-3 and get an insurance policy

A BOC-3 represents that you have a designated process agent in each state that can served legal paperwork on your behalf. You must have an insurance policy in place for your trucking company in order to operate business. Both are required by the FMCSA. 

Create an International Fuel Tax Agreement account

You must complete an IFTA report at the end of each quarter, list all miles you've traveled in participating jurisdictions, and all fuel purchases you've made. This is another requirement by the FMCSA.

Need more details? Call us (855) 552-4689

Don't hesitate to reach out. We are here to help you get up and running.